The Bod Pod is the safest, fastest, and most accurate method of measuring body composition.
With the BOD POD, you’ll experience none of the risks and discomfort associated with underwater submersion, x-rays, electrical current, and pinching with calipers. During testing, you just sit inside the BOD POD for less than 4 minutes.
This video will provide a nice overview of how our testing procedure works.
- An accurate breakdown of your body’s fat % vs non-fat (lean mass) %
- A snapshot of where your %’s stand based on national health standards
- Estimated Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR): The amount of caloric energy expended daily at rest.
- Total Energy Expenditure (TEE): RMR + estimated caloric energy expended daily based on daily activity level.
- Your Optimal Caloric Intake per Day
- A Progress Report with historical results data
You can use this information to:
- Get a baseline measurement of current body composition
- Make informed choices for new diet and nutrition lifestyles
- Monitor and track the progress of your fitness programing
Since its introduction in 1995, the BOD POD has steadily gained favor by body composition researchers and testers. This is mainly attributed to the non-invasive test-procedure and less chance for human error than other testing methods.
The unique egg-shape of the BOD POD is designed to accommodate a wide variety of human shapes and sizes. The BOD POD is used routinely by NFL teams, sumo wrestlers, and people weighing up to 500+ lbs. Because it’s so simple to use, the BOD POD is ideal for assessing the body composition of children, the elderly, hospital patients, and those with special needs.
The BOD POD body mass composition assessment is extremely simple, completely dry, and only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. You’ll meet with our technician and answer a any questions, then change privately into your testing attire (men – compression shorts, ladies sports bra, 1 or 2 piece bathing suit with no metal). We will then weigh you and have you sit inside the BOD POD for a brief three-minute test. Results are available immediately after testing.